Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Redneck Sprinklers

This is the view from my backyard in the summer. Isn't it gorgeous? I just love living where I grew up. The irrigation system or "pivot" as my dad refers to it, was running last week. It brought back a fond memory of my sister Mitzi and I riding bikes in our swimsuits under it. (Tears! Mitzi, we had a great time didn't we?)So what did the sappy girl do? Suited up the kids and myself and ran around under the pivot!! Had a blast!
Randi was the only one who cooperated with the camera. Gotta love that girl!
Can you see the water coming down through the live oak branches? Under the tree it was like a fine mist. Perfect for the scorcher-of-a-day we were having.
I love this one of my girl. Always trying to catch rain on her tongue. So glad I got to bring this great memory to life for my kids. :)

2 comments:

  1. this is so sweet! another great plus to yall's home location!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet memories Mandi!! I will never forget those precious moments:) We need to look through Mom's photo albums and see if she has any pics of us doing this! I'm so glad you got to reminisce and make a memory with Randi and Rhett!

    ReplyDelete